George believes that the Municipality of Anchorage must deliver high-quality public services for all people in every neighborhood; work hard to create economic opportunities for residents and businesses; prioritize community participation and inclusion for all, and make policies and decisions that create a stimulating and enjoyable life for residents while limiting the growth of unnecessary government bureaucracy.
I- Accountable and Efficient
- Practice fiscal responsibility, operating within our means, and rejecting unfunded mandates.
- Maintain the highest levels of core function delivery and operational transparency.
- Continue to reduce redundancies between the Municipality and the ASD to save millions.
- Work to diversify municipal revenue streams to maintain a high bond rating and reduce pressure on property taxes.
II – Accessible and Inclusive
- Prioritize a culture of accessibility, equity, diversity, and inclusion across all municipal departments.
- Focus on intergenerational development and staff a senior liaison within the Mayor’s office.
- Remove barriers for inclusive participation in boards and commissions.
- Ensure that every public facility and public service will be user-friendly to meet our community’s diverse needs.
- Refocus on a reliable public transportation system, which is critical for economic and community development.
III – Innovative and Forward Thinking
- Develop an innovation infrastructure across all departments and divisions to constantly improve municipal services’ quality and efficiency.
- Foster collaborative opportunities to reduce silos and increase cost-effective alignments.
- Identify and align redevelopment opportunities incorporating incentives such as alternative taxation structures and financing to stimulate the growth we need.
- Continue strengthening the resilience of the municipality through the practical implementation of the UAA led climate action plan.
- Increase government to governmental relations with the Alaskan Native community.